Outlaw Racing Series Handbook
Race Day Info
- All Races will begin at 8pm EST on Wednesday Nights, any changes to this, you will be notified by the admins
-Race Day Schedule:
2% Connection Race
3-7% Single Car Qualifying
50% Race (3X wear)
For All Series':
- All races will feature stages and manual cautions.
- Qualifying percentages will be altered if length of track dictates need for longer sessions.
- There is absolutely no pitting allowed during the qualifying sessions. Doing so will result in starting at the rear of the field and voiding of your timed lap.
- Qualifying is single car runs
- Upon your first crossing of the start/finish line you begin your warm up lap
- You get Warm up lap, Green flag lap, White flag lap, Checkers for a total of 3 full laps
- Upon completion you are to pull onto the backstretch to await the rest of qualifying.
- Multiple cars will be on track at once, spaced out to avoid any draft laps.
- It is the duty of the driver ahead to give right of way, if the driver from behind catches them.
Failure to yield could result in the ahead drivers lap time becoming void.
- If unable to start the race after qualifying, we will use the first lap as a manual caution to set the lineup, the restart will follow normal restart protocols.
- Cautions will incur after a 3 car counter has been fulfilled, admins will determine the status of the race.
- For an incident to count towards a caution, contact will have precipitated or been a result of a spin
(aka Single car spins will not count)
- Once a caution has been determined, the field will race back to the line. The Leader will acknowledge to the party when they have reached the start/finish to indicate the caution is official. Pit road will be closed at the determination of the caution. Pitting on a closed pit lane will incur an End of Line penalty
- If you are on pit road at the time of caution, you will incur no penalty, however the driver must reach the pit road exit line before the leader reaches the same point on the track, in order to exit pit road ahead of the leaders.
- If a drivers lag or net code issues induce a caution, as it can be determined, the responsible driver will be given an end of line penalty on the next restart attempt.
- When the caution comes out the field will slow to the pace speed, determined at the beginning of the race, and regroup behind the leader. The admins will determine everyone's position and placement of lapped traffic prior to opening pit road.
- Lapped traffic are to hold their positions within the field in the order they crossed the start/finish line to take the caution.
- Drivers will maintain a single file line onto pit road, failure to do so will incur a End of Line penalty ( Herein, If you fake pit road and get out of line, and then try to reinsert yourself into the line coming into the pits. This will net you an EOL penalty. It is the drivers responsibility to stay in line. )
- Caution routine will proceed as follows: 1st lap - lead laps cars will pit, 2nd lap - lap down cars will pit or if there are none, we will line up to restart. 3rd lap - line up to restart. Any deviation from this procedure will come from the admins.
- Any car ahead of the leader when readying to lineup for the restart will be granted the wave around, those cars accepting the wave around are voiding their right to pit until after the restart has occurred.
- Restart order: Lead lap cars > Cars 1 or more laps down > Free Pass > Wave arounds > Penalized Cars
- There will be no cautions after the leader takes 3 laps to go.
- If a caution is determined to come out before the leader takes 3 to go, we will rack the field and restart the race. There will be no additional laps for pit stops.
- Three Green flag laps will now indicate a successful restart.
- There will be three attempts at a restart
- On the first attempt we will restart Double File, on the second attempt we will switch to Single File, and the third attempt there will be a 3 lap grace period and will be Single File
- During the three lap grace period no incidents will incur towards the caution counter.
- Any positions lost or gained in between attempts will be sustained.
- There will be no additional laps for pitting in between attempts, you may pit at your own discretion.
- There will be only one lucky dog awarded per restart
- Restarts are under control of the leader, who may restart anywhere within the restart box. If the leader has not restarted the race before the final line of the restart box, the 2nd place driver may restart the race.
- Restart procedure will not follow in game stage restarts nor the start of the race. If a caution occurs after one of these starts it will be treated as a normal caution.
- It is asked that drivers call when pitting when around other vehicles as to give warning to those around them, half a laps notice will be sufficient.
- When exiting pit road, do not re-enter the racing surface until on the back straight ( Will vary by track, will be informed by admins if that case arises) Failure to heed this will result in a pass thru penalty.
- If lag or any net code issues can be determined to be grossly interfering with other drivers races then you may be asked by the admins to either drop to the back of the field or to a safe position on the race track until the situation improves.
- If you lag/drop out for any reason you will be given a DNF and the finishing position in order of departure. We will not back out for dropped drivers after the race has begun. This applies to everyone.
- If you have any issues with anyone on track, we ask that you take it up with the admins post-race, or that driver personally. Any reactionary/aggressive/ or intentional wrecking of other drivers on track will result in disciplinary actions from the admins. We are all adults here, and are expected to act as such.
Bonus Points Pole - +1
Fastest Lap - +1
1st - 5pts
2nd - 4pts
3rd - 3pts
4th - 2pts
5th - 1pt
- If you are on the series roster as a full time driver, for every missed race you will automatically be granted a provisional.
- Drivers who receive provisionals will have finishing positions granted to them in accordance to their points position for up to 4 races
- After a roster has been filled for a series, a secondary roster will be used to compile fill in drivers for the main roster to utilize if they will miss a race.
- You may choose which fill in driver you want, if you request a fill in driver before a scheduled race time.
- Fill in drivers may also be randomly selected to drive for any driver who does not show up for a given race, to fill out the field.
- Fill in drivers will not count towards your provisional count as it had in seasons past.